Financial Resources for Health Emergencies – New!
- Replacing Lost Income page 1
- Additional Income Resources page 2
- Community Resources page 3
- Government Resources page 4
- Utility Resources page 5
Manage Your Personal Finances During Tough Times
- This website is designed to share trusted resources used or developed by Wisconsin Extension Financial Education professionals. It is designed to help people make sound financial choices in tough times. All materials are free for personal use. Learn More
- Spectrum will offer two free months of internet and WiFi services to new customers in households with a Pre-K to 12 grade student or college student who needs it for school. The discount will be applied as a credit for your first two months of internet service and the company will waive all installation and pre-payment fees.
- For more information on the promotion, you can contact Spectrum at 1-866-874-2389
- For those in the State of Wisconsin the April 15th deadline for utility disconnections has been extended. Regulators have ordered that all gas, electric, and water utilities not be disconnected for residential or commercial businesses. Similar programs are likely in place in most cities and states.
- Effective March 13, 2020 all federal student loans went to a 0% interest until the Department of Education issues further guidance. You can call your service provider, and ask to have your student loan payments forbearance for 60 days, contact information has been provided below for several loan agencies.
- CornerStone: 1-800-663-1662
- FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA): 1-800-699-2908
- Granite State — GSMR: 1-888-556-0022
- Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.: 1-800-236-4300
- HESC/Edfinancial: 1-855-337-6884
- MOHELA: 1-888-866-4352
- Navient: 1-800-722-1300
- Nelnet: 1-888-486-4722
- OSLA Servicing: 1-866-264-9762
- ECSI: 1-866-313-3793